Friday, August 13, 2010

Friday the 13th.... good day to come back.

So I know I have not been doing a very good job keeping up with this fabulous blog but the summer weather has been keeping me busy during the day and exhausted at night! So here are some updates....

It was NATIONAL DANCE DAY! on July 31st. I spent all day creating a video in celebration following my mantra, just move it. (Take that Nike) I had a lot of fun with it, and I'm quite proud of how it turned out. I shot, edited, and danced every piece by myself. I'll try to upload it here but no promises, my videos have not been uploading very well recently...

Anyway, aside from NATIONAL DANCE DAY!, I've finished teaching my summer contemporary class, and I've taught two separate classes at the Sand Lake Center for the Arts in my home town, and taught a few kinder-dance classes at both the Art Center and my home studio. Some of the songs I've used have been "Good Time" by Leroy, "It Doesn't Hurt" by Katie Thompson, "Jar of Hearts" by Cristina Perri, "Stand By Me" by Ben E. King, "New Shoes" by Paolo Nutini, and "Heartbreak Warfare" by Sunny Choi (a cover of the song by John Mayer). I've had lots of fun teaching these classes and as soon as youtube stops hating me I'll load some videos to my youtube channel of some of my choreography.

More Updates! WOOO! Okay, yay, anyway. I got a tattoo! It Is very personal to me because the teal ribbon is the cancer ribbon for Ovarian Cancer. My first dance teacher, Miss Barbra Hughes was diagnosed and passed away in 2003 from ovarian Cancer. She was a huge inspiration in my life and I give credit to her to fostering much of my passion for dance when I was younger. I always feel like shes with me when I am dancing so to commemorate her with my tattoo was very important to me. It also says Let It Be underneath, obviously a Beatles reference, but this song has been my favorite song since I was a little girl and it remains a motto in my life.

Other than these updates, not too much has changed since before. Getting ready to go back to school out at SUNY Brockport, excited to see everyone, and enjoying the summer here at home!

enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment