Tuesday, August 31, 2010

and so it begins...


Day two of college year two is complete! After many classes and countless- "oh-yea-haven't-done-that-one-in-a-while" moments, dancing everyday is becoming normal again. It's such a beautiful thing! This semester I'll be in a modern III, ballet, and composition class so you'll hear a lot about what I'm up to. Tonight was the auditions for this semester's shows and it was very fun and felt like it went well so fingers crossed. We will hopefully find out if we've been cast in any pieces tomorrow so I'll be sure to keep you updated.
This week I'll be creating a 3 minute composition solo based of off about 12 short movements we learned in class. We'll be allowed to manipulate them in several ways like speed, order, repetition, and style as much as we want, and we'll also be allowed to re-interpret movements to different parts of the body. I'm very excited for this, and I'll be sure to get some film of it if possible. The other cool part about this assignment is we'll be allowed to bring in sound to dance to. Now sound in this case does not necessarily mean music. I'm going to attempt to create my own sounds for the project, no word on how that one will work out but it's worth the shot!

Just move it! ☮

No comments:

Post a Comment