Tuesday, August 24, 2010
industrial-electronica-techno- trance and John Lennon hunting.
I haven't danced full out in quite a few days because I've been packing to go back to school on Friday. I have used the time to exercise my dancing mind though. I put my iTunes on shuffle and just listen while I'm packing and think about what I could do with each song. Ever the dancer instead of just listening to music I tend to listen with a choreographic presence. Meaning I see dance moves in my head in the most sane, non-voices-in-my-head type way (of course!). I can't wait to get back to school and really be able to get back into shape. It's going to be a rough first week with track pre-season, dance technique classes, and dance team all starting up but I can't wait for it. I've also been drowning my mind with youtube videos while I still have time to watch them!
I have a new trick for all of you people looking for new music! I went with my brother out to a record store in my area that sells vinyls, cd's, and basically any used/ older/ awesome media for cheap. I was wondering around looking at all the old records and after picking up a fabulous John Lennon album I found myself looking at the trance/electronic/industrial/type music they had on CD. I am always looking for new music to dance to and even though I would hate to just sit and listen to this particular brand of music, it does make excellent sound for a modern dance. Of course I don't know any artists or songs from this genre but I picked a random, cheap CD ("Human Patterns" by Beanfield) for about $4 and brought it home and found it had 2 or 3 songs I would really consider using for a dance! So don't be afraid to just grab a random CD and try it for cheap if you have a secondhand or used music store close by!
just move it! ☮
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment