Monday, July 19, 2010

"I'm a new soul"


I've been working on choreographing a lot of short contemporary combos lately because I'm teaching an intermediate contemporary class this summer. I've really only taught one class (the second week I had to cancel to get x-rays on a beat up arm... eek! [all is well with that though]), but I'm looking forward to the second class and to trying out some new things. The first class I did a simpler combination that was quirky, easy, and hopefully fun for the girls because it was the first week and I was trying to attract some late registers or walk-ins.


I choose to work with Yael Naiim's "New Soul" because you could easily play with the different rhythms, lyrics, and qualities. It was a fun class that I started with a modern dance based warm-up I do at college that is much more individualized than just plain sitting/standing and stretching.


If you want to check out the choreography definitely stop by my youtube page at
http://www.youtube.com/user/Jsect56789
There's a bunch of other stuff I've choreographed on there and a short clip of this choreography should be up soon.

keep dancing ☮

No comments:

Post a Comment