Thursday, July 22, 2010

busy days...

So yesterday and today were quite full of dance. Yesterday I took a jazz and tap class at my home studio to kick my butt back into shape. I'm definitely feeling some of those stretches today...

But tonight I taught my contemporary class, and actually taught the same combination to some of the more advanced dancers. I worked with Christina Perri's "Jar of Hearts", a song that I've been working with a lot recently. I really connect to the song because it relates very well to some situations I've been through. It was a lot of fun to challenge some more experienced dancers with some of my favorite moves. Unfortunately I forgot to bring my camera to class so I couldn't film the combination but hopefully I can film it at another class.It was more human than a lot of choreography I've been working on, but I really feel connected to the song and don't want to rush the choreography and just let it flow.

It was an inspiring day in that I found some new music and more ideas are floating around in my head than ever before. I'd really like the opportunity to choreograph a duet and/or a group dance. I feel like I have some new ideas. Regardless that day will come and I'm excited for it!

No comments:

Post a Comment