Monday, September 27, 2010
homecoming week/ weekend
Good News!
I have been keeping up with classes at Brockport through this whole shenanigan with two broken toes however I completed my first full class today! These past two weeks I've been doing everything except certain across the floor combos and jumping because it put too much pressure on my foot, but starting this week it's back to the grind and I'm off to a good start! It' been a very dance filled week so I'm very sorry for the delay in my post. Basically here's what's been going on.
I was cast in a piece for the department this semester and we auditioned that piece and were accepted to close a show. I will be in the Brockport dance department's Dance/ Strasser show towards the end of October. The piece is very theatrical, and abstract however it is based off of a short story, and is extremely new for me. I don't not actually dance much at all. I have to walk, speak, laugh, and die at the end. It's a whole new experience but one I have been enjoying lots. (plus the 80's-ish prom dress style costume is just wonderful!)
Along with this is Brockport emeralds dance team performed at the Homecoming football game to a good size crowd despite the fact we were asked to wait until the end of the game to perform because of a ceremony happening at half time. We walked the parade in the morning and cheered up the community with obnoxious singing and dancing. No one had to ask what club we were. Homecoming dance!
On a last note, I recently auditioned with a company called Converge dance where they welcomed me to continue with them. They are a new contemporary modern based company out of Rochester, New york, and because the company members are mostly college students, or teachers we rehearse at flexible times mostly weekends whenever people can come. It's a brand new company just breaking into the buisness but the audition day was very fun and I look forward to working with them more closely! Converge Dance's Facebook page
Hope everything is going well in the dance world elsewhere, I seem to have a pretty good grasp on my little piece for now (for once).
remember....
Just Move it. ☮
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

congratulations on Converge I'm so excited for you! here's think link to your award: http://indigoimpression.blogspot.com/2010/09/my-1st-blog-award.html
ReplyDelete