Monday, September 13, 2010

I've been neglecting you....


I've been neglecting you. I apologize. Here's what my life has consisted of for the past week or so.

I've been dancing everyday as I said I would but recently I've had some new outlets for it rather than just my daily classes. I was accepted into a piece hopefully for one of the departmental shows this semester! I was originally cast as an understudy in the piece because the choreographer was not sure exactly how many dancers she wanted in the piece but once we got to the first rehearsal I was given placements. It just goes to show you it's never a bad idea to take an understudy or alternate position because often enough you'll end up getting a spot. Also if you get in as an understudy and show good rehearsal habits the choreographer may be more willing to cast you in a future piece if they enjoy working with you.
Also I auditioned and made the Brockport Emeralds dance team to perform at football/ basketball games. It's more of a hip-hop style which I've been working very hard to get better at so it's a step forward. I was not too worried about this audition because I was on the team last semester but no matter how many times you've auditioned for something the nerves are still there. It was a tough audition but I just decided to have fun with it and keep a positive attitude. That's always how I try to look at auditions, and sometimes you just have to let it roll off your back. Not everyone will want you when you want them to want you. It isn't a reflection on you, just what a certain set of people were looking for at a particular moment.
Overall, it's been busy recently, but I would expect nothing less. A busy schedule is the fuel I need to keep moving forward. Just make sure that busy schedule is really full of stuff you want to do.

and remember, just move it. ☮

No comments:

Post a Comment