Friday, October 8, 2010

A good show is a great way to end a crazy week.

It's been an interesting week, I've been rocking a ridiculous head cold for the past few days, but I'm starting to come out of it. This week has been full of dance stuff. There have been my normal classes all week, the first showing on a composition solo, a dance department concert, and of course my usual crazy daily dance moves for just about anything.
Yesterday I went to the department's first concert of the year, Dance/ Hartwell. There were two graduate thesis works and several other pieces choreographed by other students. All the pieces were amazing, and you could tell a lot of work went into them. One however has stood out in my mind. There was a thesis work that was very high energy and intensity, that stood out to me as the highlight of the show. It was almost like a choreographed fight scene... gives me a lot of ideas!
I apologize to anyone that actually reads my posts, Elizabeth I have a feeling you're my support in general and I love you for that, but I have been so busy during the week with homework and other dance type engagements that I haven't had much time to collect my thoughts. I'll try to be better about this I promise.

A last word, anyone looking for some incredible dance to occupy their youtube viewing hours? Check out Gallim dance, and the Kate Weare Company. SOme of my favorites that I've had the opportunity to work with through the guest artist programs here at Brockport.

Just move it! ☮

1 comment: